Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Naples/United States
Level : Management
Posted : 13 May 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ24121
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-10
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22026738
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton Naples, 280 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.