Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Plano/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ68326
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22076905
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Southcentral Regional Office, 2701 Dallas Pkwy Suite 420, Plano, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
A Claims Adjuster I is responsible for the timely, good faith adjustment and disposition of self-administered casualty claims in multiple jurisdictions. Responsibility extends to all aspects and phases of investigations, evaluations, negotiations and settlements/denials of the following claims: workers' compensation, auto liability, no-fault uninsured motorist and general liability.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
• Manage 75-150 casualty claims on assignment.
• Acceptable caseloads vary based on the jurisdiction(s), mix and complexity of Workers' Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability cases as determined by Claims Unit Manager.
• Investigate, evaluate and dispose of claims promptly - taking statements as necessary - to determine liability/compensability.
• Evaluate damages and pay benefits as prescribed by law and/or Marriott policies and procedures.
• Secure necessary documentation to facilitate timely loss adjustment and maintain primary responsibility for settlement decisions up to individual authority.
• Complete and monitor timely WC payments/state filings.
• Monitor and actively manage WC medical treatment with the goal of minimizing disability. Consult Occupational Health Services as necessary.
• Participate in the Service Call program and complete required Service Call reports detailing current case status.
• Evaluate claims for potential third party or subrogation recovery.
• Adhere to Key Performance Indicator Goals.
• Demonstrate commitment and support to management team and department goals.
• Actively participate in regularly scheduled unit meetings and department meetings.
• Comply with Marriott Casualty Claims Policy and Procedure Manual requirements.
• Comply with Marriott's Corporate Policy Manual.
• Effectively utilize the iVOS System to manage all claims electronically.
• Enter activity notes, action plans and document file activity in the iVOS Notepad.
• Work toward and achieve claim's production objectives agreed upon by office.
• Participate in activities that foster teamwork and continuous quality improvement.
• Other duties as assigned by leadership.
• Entry-level position. Demonstrated track record as a claims representative and/or demonstration of skills and potential to be a claims adjuster.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Effective reasoning, analysis and decision making skills.
• Effective influence skills.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong hospitality skills.
• Ability to prioritize work.
• Ability to meet deadlines and follow up in a timely manner.
• Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), including the ability to deliver difficult messages to customers and/or claimants.
• Good investigation skills.
• Basic knowledge of claims process.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to work well in a team, providing assistance to fellow associates and representing the mission of the unit, department or region.
• Possess a willingness to accept and respond positively to constructive criticism.
• Present oneself with a positive, professional demeanor.
• Communicate often with supervisor keeping him/her informed.
• Show dependability.
Education or Certification
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Associate Degree or Higher from an accredited college/business/technical school preferred.
• Applicable industry licensing.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.