Job Description For Cluster Learning & Development Officer
Additional Information Central London Cluster Marriott Hotels
Job Number 22202443
Job Category Human Resources
Location London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, 128 King Henry's Road, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
We are looking for an ambitious, dedicated and people-oriented Cluster Learning & Development Officer to join our team in the Central London Cluster Marriott Hotels.
If you are a passionate trainer looking to develop within an amazing brand and the world's biggest travel company get in touch with us today!
See where your journey can take you. At Marriott International, we believe in seizing opportunities and making your own adventure. A world of opportunity pulls up to your bar with every guest you meet
- and you never know who might show up next.
That big world also extends to our global, diverse family of associates. Like most families, we're a group of unique individuals who bring different strengths, styles, personalities and interests to the table. And this makes every single day a new discovery.
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The impact you will make
As a Cluster Training & Development Officer you will assist the Cluster Talent Acquisition & Development Manager and the Cluster Human Resources Team in driving all training and development activities within the company whilst maintaining positive internal and external relationships with both Associates and Managers across our five properties. Providing a consistent high standard of administration and non-administration support to the key stakeholders and supporting in the achievement of the business goals and strategies of the company.
The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, compliance, health and safety and customer service and leadership skills. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
What you will do
Administering and Delivering Employee Training Programs
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
- Promotes and informs employees and managers about all available training programs.
- Leads the creation and delivery of training programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organisation, such as associates, supervisors and their line managers.
- Delivers group training sessions such as company induction and development workshops.
- Coordinates the administration of all training nominations, training completion and attendance, ensuring databases are fully up to date.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviours that will contribute to their development.
- Meets with departmental training leads on a regular basis to support training efforts.
- Ensures all compliance, statutory and mandatory trainings completions are reported and tracked accordingly.
- Acts as the main contact point for all company health & safety training related matters.
Developing Training Program Plans
- Monitors enrolment and attendance to training classes.
- Meets regularly with participants and departmental leaders to assess progress.
- Maintains the reporting of training completion and proactively communicates accordingly across multiple hotels and departments.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess departmental training needs.
- Proactively communicates across our properties on completion updates and new training opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization's mission and vision.
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Incorporates development as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Why work with us?
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect departmental needs and priorities
- Previous experience within the HR and/or L&D discipline and working knowledge of hotel laws governing operations
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- A people focused candidate, professional demeanor
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals and spa access-because your well being means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.