Job Description For Complex Director of Sales & Distribution
Job Number 22134419
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Brisbane, 111 Mary Street, Brisbane, QUEENSLAND, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With over 7,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 130 countries across the globe. Learn about our 31 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The more you travel, the more your well-being can get left behind. But there's a place that doesn't come with that compromise. At Westin Hotels & Resorts, our signature wellness programs empower you to eat, sleep, move, feel, work and play well, so you can be at your best while on the road. Discover a place where you're given a choice, not just to get up, but to rise.
WELCOME TO WESTIN & FOUR POINTS
The Westin Brisbane is a luxury retreat, perfect for business and leisure travellers alike. Our spacious hotel suites and Club-level rooms offer access to our Westin Club amenities, including a complimentary breakfast and evening drinks. Relax after a busy day in Heavenly Spa by Westin, work out in our WestinWORKOUT fitness centre, or take a dip in our pool. Our popular dining options include the first swim-up pool bar in Brisbane, aviation-inspired bar, and restaurant with private dining. Those planning a special event or meeting in Brisbane can make use of our stunning indoor and outdoor venues with bespoke services and expert planners.
The Westin Brisbane and Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane invites you to apply for our Complex Director of Sales & Distribution role. You are a passionate Sales professional and you will lead our Sales team and ensure property sales objectives across both properties are met with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the continued growth and development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market
- Manage the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts
- Determine and develops the sales strategies and verifies alignment with the brand
- Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy
- Develop strong partnerships that will continue to enhance our brand
- Evaluate the property's participation in the various sales channels
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports and forecasts talent needs and development
- Works with the Marketing team to ensure seamless execution of strategies and events
- Ensure there is seamless turnover from sales to operations while delivering high level service
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise from the sales process
If you are ready for your next career journey apply now! You will also need these attributes:
- Culture and team building focused leader
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a high attention to detail.
- Focused on relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are strategic and business driven to succeed
- You lead from the front and execute with passion
- Excellent customer service experience
- Confidence and skills to up sell and promote our venues
- Passion for the Hospitality Industry
- Learn, think and grow and continue to evolve in your role
This is your opportunity to take your career to the next level. You must demonstrate a proven track record of knowledge and experience relevant to the position you are applying for, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a high attention to detail with a very strong dash of personality plus!!!
What are you waiting for? Rise to the challenge and apply now!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.