Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Manila, Philippines
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 22 Sep 2022
Job Role : Concierge
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ99573
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-10-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22165366
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Manila Sonata Place, San Miguel Avenue Ortigas, Manila, Philippines, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for supporting all aspects of Concierge functions in accordance with hotel standards. Maintains a concierge service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective staff. Assists in developing and maintaining the acknowledgment and service of all guests visiting the location. Supports management to ensure all departments are aware of all guests' needs and information prior to arrival that will lead to a unique, memorable and personal stay.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; no prior work experience required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Concierge Goals
• Coordinates day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Supports concierge team to keep them focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Supports the establishment of an effective database to be used by all team members for restaurant and local attractions.
• Establishes relationships with local attractions, restaurants and other businesses to enhance guests' experiences.
• Provides recommendations and arranges services for guests as requested (e.g., car rental, airline and train tickets, office services, beauty and barber services, baby sitting, repairs, shopping).
• Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet guest's specific needs and requirements.
• Provides check-in and check-out services and handles reservations when needed.
• Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations, services and facilities of the hotel.
• Ensures repeat and VIP guests are receiving appropriate service and ensures their requests are carried out.
• Responds to emergency situations using appropriate procedures.
• Maintains awareness of daily operations and events at the hotel.
• Maintains knowledge of daily house-count, arrivals/departures, VIPs, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements
• Provides warm welcome and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures concierge team effectively handles guest requests and adheres to all hotel policies, procedures and standards while striving towards total guest satisfaction.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Assists in ensuring the concierge team provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Supports employees understanding of customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired results.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.