Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Finance and Accounts
Location : Honolulu/United States
Level : Management
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Credit Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ7375
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22078941
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Kyo-Ya Shared Service, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Manages the day-to-day operations of accounts receivables, ensuring that invoices being sent out are correct and dispersed in a timely manner. Follows up on any delinquent accounts. Researches and decides upon credit authorization for incoming customers.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period end reporting.
• Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
• Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable system.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Ensures property billings are sent error free and in a timely manner.
• Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.