Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Demi Chef De Partie
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Demi Chef de Partie
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22078365
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Al Maha a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa Dubai, Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world's most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
The Demi Chef de Partie is responsible to assist the CDP to prepare and make the required food as per the expectations of excellence, to demonstrate and help to maintain the high level of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience
- A Full Time position based at Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa, The Luxury Collection.
- Number of Direct Reports -1-5
- Titles of Direct Reports - Commis 1 / Commis 2 / Commis 3 / Apprentice
Skills and Knowledge Education or Certification SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Minimum 4 years of culinary experience.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Set up station properly and on time for each service period and make sure that required mis en place is ready on time.
- To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section.
- To participate in communicating actively within the department.
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Sous chef / Chef de cuisine.
- Report any change of food quality in the preparation to CDP / Sous chef.
- To ensure knowledge of the products, dishes are maintained and communicated to all involved personnel.
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Actively participate to learn, record and transmit our culinary skills and recipes to junior chefs and apprentices.
- To comply with the chef de cuisine / sous chef by implementing a new menu / dishes and new regulations.
- Keeps over production and food waste to a minimum, in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Report any and all deficiencies in maintenance issue, kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie / Sous chef immediately.
- In the absence of the Chef de Partie to take over his/her responsibilities.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards within their respective areas.
- Work together with the Chef de Partie on the challenges, which are highlighted every month in the Hygiene Audit.
- Proper storage of food.
- FIFO (First in first out).
- Make sure that all Standards and Procedures are in place and followed.
- Temperature control.
- Dating and labelling of food items.
- Receiving of food, making sure that everything is according to standard.
- Maintain decoration that is made out of food.
- Apply with the personal and grooming standards of the hotel.
- Cleaning and Sanitation of the kitchen.
- Overtime will be approved on business demands by the Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine.
- Any violation of the above mentioned rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.