Hotels & Resorts
Bethesda, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Digital Analyst, MDS Media Operations
Job Number 23012654
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Digital Analyst, Media Operations is responsible for managing Rooms and Outlet Media for Marriott Digital Services (MDS). This position works closely with internal teams and media partners to execute campaigns. The role focuses on daily campaign performance analysis, campaign builds, weekly media optimizations, ongoing reporting and delivering training to improve execution. The Digital Analyst is expected to think analytically and is responsible for strategizing, implementing, and managing media including but not limited to Google Ads Search/Display, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn campaigns.
The Digital Analyst is tasked with staying up to date on industry best practices, responsible for day-to-day operations, and supporting testing/development of new media services. This position helps traffic the workflow of campaign builds, creative/copy development working with in-house and vendor teams to ensure on-time delivery. The Digital Analysts reports to the Manager, MDS Media Operations and works collaboratively to ensure to ensure campaign objectives/deliverables are met.
Marriott's Digital Services (MDS) team provides digital solutions for all Marriott brand hotels, globally. This centralized in-house team provides individual hotels with a range of digital services, and functions as an agency-like model within the Global Digital Services organization.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- BS/BA degree preferred from an accredited university or related experience in Business Administration, Hospitality, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, related field, or equivalent experience/certification.
- Related work experience (digital marketing, paid media, client services, communications, etc.) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, impeccable organization, and unsurpassed attention to detail.
Campaign Management and Execution
- Create, manage, and optimize paid media campaigns for clients across a variety of platforms.
- Analyze performance of campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Review briefs and campaign requests to ensure complete and clear intake of all strategy creative requests.
- Responsible for the exploration and discovery of viable new media channels.
- Identifies opportunities and leads development and prioritization of Marriott Digital Services outlet & rooms media solutions.
- Continually updates and aligns paid media strategies with new and emerging best practices, to improve quality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Create timelines, instructions, and potential needs for future projects.
- Creates new workflows, training guidelines and documentation (as needed) to continually improve paid media tactic quality and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the daily execution of paid media strategy & tactics, including campaign builds, ad creation, launch, optimization, and reporting.
- Complies and keeps paid media guidelines documentation and standards up to date, to ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to Marriott's global digital strategy.
Tools and Vendors
- Works cross-functionally with the Media Consultation Team to ensure campaigns meet the mark and drive client satisfaction.
- Collaborates with the Digital, Global Media, and other teams to ensure alignment of media strategies.
- Works in DV360, SA360, Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, Sprinklr, Facebook/Instagram platforms and more
Measurement and Analytics
- Leverages Salesforce to manage processes and workflow.
- Completes paid media training and provides support on internal Marriott paid media systems and tools.
- Coordinates with vendor partners.
- Analyzes campaign performance; provides both strategic and tactical recommendations for increased performance.
- Identifies advertising channels that are most effective at driving website traffic.
- Measures the success of campaigns using appropriate key performance indicator (KPI) classifications based on media type - impressions, clicks, clickthrough rate, cost-per-click, cost per site visit, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes results from current campaigns and tactics, recommends changes and enhancements to help increase performance.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal partner teams, vendors, internal Client Service and Operations teams.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Complies and keeps paid media guideline documentation and standards up to date, to ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to Marriott's global digital media strategy.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Solid working knowledge of and experience in online marketing channels, including but not limited to SEO, paid media, retargeting, merchandising, email marketing, social media marketing and content marketing
- Attention to detail, high energy.
- Project Management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong Client Services approach.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze data across multiple reporting sources and create presentations detailing trends, projections, performance, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (excel, word, powerpoint)
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Effective written and oral communications skills, including presentations.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?