Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : San Jose del Cabo/Mexico
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 13 May 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ57321
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-10
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22078685
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Solaz a Luxury Collection Resort Los Cabos, KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular CSL-SJC Access B, San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world's most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
• Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Administers service contracts to support property needs.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
• Manages and controls heat, light and power.
• Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand's business strategy.
• Develops and manages Engineering budget.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
• Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
• Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
• Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Utilizes employee feedback and an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Resolves guest problems and complaints.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.