Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Kuta, Indonesia
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 22 Sep 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ3891
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-10-22
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22165394
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, Jalan Pantai Kuta, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Functions as the lead Director of Engineering across several properties and acts as the prime engineering resource for the GMs or Cluster GM of those properties. Acts as a leader, guide and mentor to Directors of Engineering and Engineering Managers of properties within the cluster. Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Responsible for the overall maintenance of more than one building, grounds and physical plant with attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation of the units. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
• Oversees the physical plant at all properties in the cluster including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Administers service contracts to support cluster property needs.
• Oversees training of fire crews across properties with a focus on procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Coaches and supports engineering leadership teams to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory).
• Oversees strategies to manage and control heat, light and power usage across properties.
• Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the cluster/brand's business strategy.
• Develops and manages Engineering budgets.
• Drives integration of departmental goals in game plans for each property in the cluster.
• Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10-year asset protection plans for each cluster property.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget for each cluster property.
• Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding each property's departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Drives compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
• Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
• Reviews building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications for each cluster property and updates documentation as needed.
• Oversees fair and consistent administration of property policies.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Manages cluster property controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Participates in the development of each property's engineering department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques for each cluster property.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall cluster financial goals for each property; educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Drives fair and equitable treatment of employees.
• Takes steps to see that disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Utilizes employee feedback and an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Resolves guest problems and complaints.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Takes steps to see that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.