Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
22 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date Nov 22, 2021
Job Number 21115977
Job Category Global Design
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Design is a life passion, not just a job. It is a physical manifestation of our brands. Candidates should have great creative vision and be a strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other disciplines, owners, external/internal project stakeholders and consultants. The primary focus of the position is our Full Service Brands - Marriott, Sheraton, Gaylord & Delta hotels.
On a tactical level, the successful candidate for this position provides design direction and design management services managing all aspects of franchised, managed, or corporate projects for new construction, conversion, adaptive re-use and renovations. This individual has a passion for hospitality design and can inspire internal and external participants to create design solutions that thrill guests and align with brand strategy. The atmosphere within the team is collaborative, creative, demanding and fun with opportunities for growth within Global Design. This is your unique chance to make your mark and position yourself on the leading edge of hospitality design.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Key Skills/Requirements:
- Cultivates, develops and maintains strong/trusting relationships with appropriate divisions, departments, owners and consultants.
- Represent the division/MI, both internally and externally, on projects to senior representatives.
- Make presentations to senior leaders and owners to gain their approval of the recommendations.
- Provide leadership, management direction and guidance to relevant internal and external team members to ensure that they have the necessary information to complete their responsibilities.
- Partner with business unit leaders to market and sell the assigned brand to key new and existing owners/franchisees to expand brand recognition and promote development opportunities.
- Represent the company at the highest level as a face of the hotel brand.
- Sell/influence owners/franchisees using MI expertise and knowledge to gain more business.
- Act as liaison and point-of-contact for owners and franchisees to ensure excellent service and problem resolution.
- Advise and update owners and franchisees regarding brand and design standards and initiatives.
- Responsible for selecting, negotiating and contracting with project consultants, directing and supervising their work, and administering their contracts, approving payment requisitions, etc.
- Obtain approval of funding from Owners, developers and/or operations, and ensure work is clearly authorized and proper procedures are being followed.
- Lead the development of business processes and monitor processes for continued relevance.
- Support Project Management during the construction phase to maintain quality, budge and schedule.
- Provide day-to-day review of team members' professional performance and provide input for their improvement and career development.
- Provide project updates utilizing tools to track and report status.
- Support hotel acceptance and turn over activities from construction and work with internal stakeholders regarding hotel opening.
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
- Excellent business acumen
- Complex problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across departments & teams
- Customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to manage multiple priorities & resources
- Good leadership ability with strategic/enterprise view
- All aspects of hospitality design and operations
- Be able to take a project from design through the construction process, start to finish
- 4-year degree in Architecture, Construction Project Management or related design discipline preferred.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience; 8 years experience preferably on hospitality projects.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Architectural license preferred
- Master of Architecture preferred
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.