Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Riyadh/Saudi Arabia
Level : Director
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ54656
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 10, 2022
Job Number 22076964
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton Riyadh, AlHada Area, Mekkah Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Accountable for the overall success of the Banquets Department. Demonstrates knowledge by leading the team to accomplish daily goals. Ensures the highest level of service by training and developing staff and executing the requirements of events based on standards. Drives customer satisfaction and capitalizes on revenue during the event phase of a function. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities to meet or exceed department goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
• Uses banquet beverage "Use" records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
• Ensures accurate customer billing for banquet events.
• Ensures coordination and execution throughout the event.
• Attends pre-conference meetings to ensure specifications of the group event are well executed.
Leading Banquet Team
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Leads discussions to review scheduled events and proactively avoid service challenges and failures.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Anticipates guests' needs and responds promptly.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Effectively schedules to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Strives to improve employee retention.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Provides additional training to employees of other departments when additional assistance is needed for larger functions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.