Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Melaka, Malaysia
Level : Director
Posted : 21 Sep 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ37731
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-10-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22129361
Job Category Event Management
Location Courtyard by Marriott Melaka, One Marriott Drive, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Courtyard by Marriott Melaka is located along Jalan Tun Sri Lanang, only four-minute drive to the famous Jonker Street. The 284-room hotel will serve business travelers with comfortable accommodation, convenient facilities, and a strategic location. With views of the city and Melaka Straits, there are five different types of accommodation, including Executive Floors and Suites. The hotel is projected to open in Q4, 2022.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Catering department in accordance with company and brand standards. Coordinates details and menus for clients' functions and maintains budgeted revenues through solicitation of business. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Ensures the highest level of service by training and developing staff and executing the requirements of events based on standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity, manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
Managing Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees, customers and guests, vendors and suppliers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.
• Meet with the Chef prior to function to verify arrangements and to observe the quality of the food presentation.
• Meet with clients to plan their functions and highlight features of facility as well as available services.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and customers.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction.
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Qualifies business and tracks leads.
• Solicits and books meetings, conferences and catered corporate and social events.
• Finalizes and upsells catering arrangements for group/convention business.
• Negotiates and markets to drive sales and create profits.
• Identifies customer needs and all sales opportunities which ensure successful catering events.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Directs the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee's needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you'll ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at Courtyard by Marriott.