Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Budapest, Hungary
Level : Director
Posted : 04 Aug 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ29940
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-08
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22133702
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location W Budapest, Andrassy Ut 25, Budapest, Hungary, Hungary VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
Located in the heart of the city at Andrassy Avenue (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), the hotel will be housed in the impressive Drechsler Palace on the city's most luxurious shopping street located directly across from the State Opera House. W Budapest will feature 151 stylish guest rooms and suites, including one Extreme WOW, the brand's lux-take on the Presidential Suite. The hotel will offer a destination restaurant and a destination bar, both sure to be embraced by locals as a place to mix and mingle, as well as the signature W Lounge, the brand's evolution of the traditional hotel lobby, where guests can go to see and be seen. Three meeting and event spaces, including a Great Room for larger celebrations, are available, along with an Away® Spa, FIT® fitness center, and WET® pool. Guests can also expect the W brand's signature Whatever/Whenever® service philosophy, providing guests whatever they want, whenever they want it. The hotel is planned to open in Summer 2023.
ABOUT THE BRAND
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary, and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The Director of Engineering provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. The position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
You are someone that leads by example and serves as the 'to go to person' for all facilities issues for all customers.
You closely monitor the financial performance of all your departments, provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures, making sure goals are reached and/or exceeded.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
• Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Administers service contracts to support property needs.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
• Manages and controls heat, light and power.
• Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand's business strategy.
• Develops and manages Engineering budget.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Oversees execution of long-term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
• Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
• Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
• Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Utilizes employee feedback and an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Resolves guest problems and complaints.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma; 6 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.