Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : New Orleans, United States
Level : Director
Posted : 06 Aug 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ30102
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-14
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Additional Information Remote
Job Number 22133966
Job Category Event Management
Location Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, 500 Canal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Manages event planning functions and staff on a daily basis. Core area of responsibility is the event planning team, including the Senior Event Managers, Event Managers, Associate Event Managers and Administrative Assistants. Position oversees the administrative processes associated with the pre-event and post-event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event phases. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. Ensures the team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting (catering and group rooms) all events. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Planning Operations
• Assigns all events turned over to Event Planning team.
• Oversees for turned opportunities' function space and group room blocks.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Leads execution of activities to support the Event Management strategy.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Leads discussions to review event complexity and proactively avoid service challenges and failures.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Maintains inventories to maximize customer satisfaction and revenue opportunities.
• Works with highly complex or high profile groups when financial impact will be significant.
Leading Event Planning Team
• Leads the catering menu development process.
• Champions all standards, policies and procedures for the Event Planning team.
• Leads Event Management meetings.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Managing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Establishes customer service guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and planning needs are met.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.