Job Description For Director of Human Resources (m/f/d)
Posting Date May 10, 2022
Job Number 22076629
Job Category Human Resources
Location Munich Marriott Hotel City West, Landsberger Strasse 160-162, Munich, Bayern, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
About this Property
The newly build Munich Marriott City West will be located in the vibrant Westend district with a close distance to the old town of Munich, only 2.4 km from the Munich Central Station and fifteen-minute walk to the famous Oktoberfest ground. The airport is a 35 minute drive and can be easily reached as well with direct public transportation connection.
The hotel is scheduled to open in spring 2023 and will embrace 402 modern guest rooms and extensive meeting facilities of 2547 sqm and a flexible 900 sqm including a spectacular event roof terrace. The Munich Marriott Hotel City West will also have various gastronomic options - including a restaurant, coffee shop with takeaway, lobby bar with adjoining separée for private events and wine room. In addition, the MClub as an exclusive retreat, a fitness and wellness area as well as a business center.
The Director of Human Resources is an integral member of the property executive committee. You will work directly with our General Manager and, together with your team, ensure the smooth running of all HR aspects of the hotel.
Your tasks include:
This is what we want from you:
- You are the first point of contact for the executive team and you comprehensively supervise in all strategic and operational HR topics.
- Especially in the opening phase, you will put together an efficient HR team and implement HR processes and policies to ensure compliance with German employment law.
- Recruiting of specialists and executives as well as training and further educating the teams in cooperation with a Learning & Development Manager
- Together with the hotel's management team, you will support the introduction and implementation of Marriott's corporate culture
- Preparation and reporting of various key figures to the Executive Board, Regional and Divisional Offices
- Ensuring the entire spectrum of personnel management/controlling in cooperation with your HR team
- Continuous further development and implementation of modern HR instruments and concepts, e.g. for personnel staffing, cost control and development
- Occasional use as "Manager on Duty"
What we have for you
- At least 5-8 years of experience in human resources with management responsibility
- Enjoyment of teamwork and the passion for being there for people
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with a high level of initiative
- Constructive assertiveness and goal-oriented competence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in German and English (verbal and written)
- Company-oriented thinking and acting in conjunction with a structured working style
- Secure experience with the essential modern personnel instruments, project management, IT systems and social media
- Extensive knowledge of labour, collective bargaining, tax and social security law
- Strong sense of responsibility and quality,
- Attractive remuneration
- Excellent career opportunities within the world's largest hotel chain Marriott International
- Regular training and well-founded further education opportunities
- Worldwide discounted accommodation in over 8,000 hotels worldwide
- Delicious food in our in-house canteen
- Participation in the worldwide "Take Care" program for employees where regular workshops, trainings and meetings on the topic of "Wellbeing" take place
If you would like to become part of the team and experience a successful hotel opening together, then click "Apply now". And more information can be found on www.karrieren.marriott.de. As an employer, Marriott International is committed to implementing an inclusive corporate culture and hiring employees from diverse backgrounds.
FIND YOUR WAY.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that we will store and process your data as part of the application process in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act. Of course, we will treat your application confidentially. The beginning of a wonderful journey
Is it important to you to make a difference in the world? What could be a better place to realize this wish than Marriott International? Under one roof, 30 well-known hotel brands in more than 130 countries unite to form the largest travel company in the world. They meet people from different countries and make sure that they enjoy their stay in our hotels to the fullest. In doing so, you will gain valuable experience - both professionally and for your personal development. Experience how fulfilling it is when your ideas are valued as much as your work. Grow with the opportunities we offer you and discover the diversity of career opportunities in the hotel industry. Welcome to our global family!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.