Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Dana Point/United States
Level : Director
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Purchasing Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ54516
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 10, 2022
Job Number 22076170
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, One Ritz Carlton Drive, Dana Point, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Manages the purchasing of supplies and products used at a location. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. Purchases and approves payment of items following the correct procedures that have been established.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Ensures compliance with all brand established systems and procedures.
• Creates a Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order System for the property and ensures employees are trained on this system.
• Conducts inventories.
• Ensures accurate administration of all invoices and adheres to proper bookkeeping procedures.
• Maintains operations by developing policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures inspection of all deliveries to verify accuracy and quality of product.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Implements and enforces all control procedures for property goods entering through the purchasing/receiving areas.
• Ensures staff is properly trained regarding procedures, sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
• Ensures compliance with sanitary procedures.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions etc.
Leading Purchasing Operations
• Supervises operations of Purchasing Department.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback and uses an "open door policy."
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to maintain financial management of the department.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Keeps departments informed by confirming and clarifying purchase orders or contracts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.