Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Mumbai/India
Level : Director
Posted : 11 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ62909
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-08
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 11, 2022
Job Number 22077147
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar, IA Project Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Manages all restaurant operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all restaurant operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Applied Business Knowledge - Understanding market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of the company's business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
• Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Facilitates pre-meal briefings with the Chef and Restaurant Managers to educate restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Oversees the booking and manages service of restaurant parties, special events and room service hospitality suites.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control procedures are followed by all Restaurant, Bar/Lounge and Room Service employees.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures staff understands all applicable liquor laws.
• Establishes guidelines for customer service so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and handles complaints.
• Reviews guest satisfaction feedback with employees to develop appropriate corrective action.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.