Job Description For Director, Voice of Customer Operations
Job Number 22197188
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Director of Digital VOC Operations will lead the comprehensive execution of all customer feedback across Digital vehicles powering reviews, surveys, emails and online behaviors. The role is responsible for managing current and future VOC tools such as Glassbox, BazaarVoice, Medallia, etc. used in web and mobile app ensuring Marriott leverages all the features and functionality necessary to support the Digital VOC program.
This role will work closely with the Sr. Director, Digital Performance Analytics to continuously enhance the customer journey across digital channels by 1) Identifying shared customer pain points and intentions within and across channels to inform product innovation 2) Driving a unified digital product development, partnering with Digital Product and UX 3) Maintaining holistic measurement across Marriott, partnering with CX organization.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Manage roadmap and evolution of Digital VOC tools, prioritizing features and functionality that best align to the Digital VOC program
- Monitor and analyze customer verbatim for actionable feedback via products including Glassbox.
- Partner with Digital Product Owners, UX & Design, Digital Performance, and team to derive actionable insights in the context of the customer journey and take action on feedback
- Partner with CX organization
- Prioritize and escalate issues for resolution balancing customer and business needs.
- Evangelize products - Glassbox for customer behaviors, BazaarVoice for Marriott verified reviews and user generated content to create one single source for VOC feedback
- Evaluate other tools that may complement or replace existing VOC tools to gain efficiencies or remove redundancy
- Serve as vendor liaison and management of development partners
- Identify enhancements and product opportunities
- Establish metrics and measure impact of changes for the organization
- Support squads in usage of products and roll out of functionality and services.
- Ensure risks, dependencies and decisions are properly communicated and managed
- Manage external vendor relationships and related contracts
- Oversee budgets and timelines
- Embrace agile methodologies across team
- Build strong relationships across disciplines and stakeholders
- Collaborate with IT to engineer the best solutions
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Oversee team members representing Marriott Verified Reviews, Glassbox, Bazaarvoice to monitor work to ensure alignment to goals and timelines.
- Create a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation
- Provide insights from experience, best practices and lessons learned to drive the organization's quality and productivity
- Ensure goals are being translated to the team as they relate to tracking and productivity
- Ensure appropriate focus on KPIs and product effectiveness measurement
- Create and nurture an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing services
- Understand staff's capabilities and develop plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths
- Provide the team with the resources needed to meet or exceed expectations
- Lead by example in demonstrating self-confidence, high energy and enthusiasm
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required:
- Interview and hire employees
- Develop SOWs within the framework of Marriott's master consulting agreements and work with the contracting team to submit SOWs for approval
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication
- Foster employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees
- Incorporate customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals
- Solicit employee feedback
- Utilize an "open door policy" and review employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Ensure policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process
- Conduct annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Champion change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary
- Identify talents of direct reports and their teams and assist with their growth and development plans
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- A 4-year BS degree from an accredited or equivalent experience
- 6+ years' experience in a digital organization with technical knowledge of large cross-platform tools
- Direct experience leading teams in defining, leading and supporting digital operations
- Direct experience collaborating with UX, content, marketing, analytics and technology teams in distributed environments for customer-facing digital experiences
- Knowledge and practice of core principals of software development lifecycles with experience in Agile practices.
- Knowledge of internet and mobile technologies and ability to leverage technical capabilities to meet business needs
- Direct management of budgets
- Ability to solve real-life problems quickly, think creatively and satisfy speed-to-market needs
- Experience managing vendors
- Experience managing multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Relationship-building skills as well as strong leadership and team management skills, with deep understanding of business impact on delivery.
- Strong planning skills including ability to develop presentations, roadmaps and spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills required to lead and manage all team members, internal and external clients, vendors and meetings.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills that inspire team confidence while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Communication - Convey information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keep the program's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action
- Managing Change -
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; obtain and compare information from different sources to draw conclusions; develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions; solve problems, and identify a course of action
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibit behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; make a good first impression and represent the company in alignment with its values
- Strategy Development - Develop business plans by exploring and systematically evaluate opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensure successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes
- Building a Successful Team - Use an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspire and sustain team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution - Ensure successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes
- Driving for Results - Set high standards of performance for self and/or others; assume responsibility for work objectives; initiate, focus, and monitor the efforts of self and/or others towards the accomplishment goals; proactively take action and attempt to achieve results beyond what is required
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Customer Relationships - Develop and sustain relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards
- Global Mindset - Support employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilize differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensure employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential
- Strategic Partnerships - Develop collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explore partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influence and leverage corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintain effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; perform effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Developing Others - Support the development of other's skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively
- Organizational Capability - Evaluate and adapt the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit
Colorado Applicants Only:
- Continuous Learning - Actively identify new areas for learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities; use newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learn through their application
- Technical Acumen - Understand and utilize professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Business Process and Analysis - Knowledgeable of multiple processes within sponsor department; able to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system's needs; define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies
- IT Business Management - monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools; able to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues
- Oral Comprehension - Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Reading Comprehension - Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Writing - Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
The salary range for this position is $104,700.00 to $211,145.00 annually. New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $126,686.00 to $232,258.00 annually.
All Locations offer health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?