Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Engineering
Location : Bardez - Goa/India
Level : Management
Posted : 25 Nov 2021
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ14134
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 23 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date Nov 25, 2021
Job Number 21139290
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location W Goa, Vagator Beach, Bardez - Goa, Goa, India VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
• Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
• Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
• Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
• Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
• Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.