Food and Beverage Service
London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Event Operations Associate
Job Number 22133891
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, Euston Road, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As an Event Operations Associate at St Pancras, you are responsible for delivering a five-star Events service. From VIP buyouts to intimate dinners, your role is key in upholding our guests' expectations of attentive yet relaxed service where your personality and professionalism are delivered in equal measures. You will be required to Complete final breakdowns and set ups of function rooms and events, by cleaning the room, completing opening/ closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, locking doors, breaking down goods, etc. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas. Transport dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens. We're in the business of going above and beyond to create memorable moments for our guests and your role is key in executing this with every guest interaction.
You'll need to know your stuff:
- Design menus to ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish for all dishes
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Ensure associates are serving food in proper portions onto dishes, plates, mugs, and bowls, ensuring proper plate appearance, ensuring all wastage is minimized or eliminated.
- Maintain fluid communication with F&B Front of House managers, supervisors & associates.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify suppliers if a product does not meet specifications.
- Ensure food, chemical and controllables ordering is in line with forecasted business levels and ensure flex as necessary.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Director of Food & Beverage to agree staffing levels to provide optimum service to guests.
- Ensure that all dishes on every menu are accompanied by a food spec, including photo and allergy information and that each culinary associate signs off their training on each item before menus go live.
- Monitor the status of all kitchens and back of house equipment to ensure they are in correct working order, to not only ensure efficient food production but also compliance with food hygiene, health and safety guidelines.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to Director of Food & Beverage and Director of Engineering
- Work proactively with the F&B Front of House team, assisting them where required in order to ensure guest service and that their menu knowledge is enhanced through daily taste panels.
- Daily monitoring of all kitchens and back of house operations, in the operation, in order to ensure excellence in food production, service and cleaning
Perks you deserve:
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare cold foods, including preparing salads, cold sandwiches, condiments, and dressings.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London's most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
- Free St Pancras Experience including plus one.
- Free Access to the Gym and spa.
- Free meals at work
- Free uniform & dry-cleaning service.
- Free enrolment of Perks at Work- Access to unlimited deals of retailers and more.
- Discount of 50% in any of the St Pancras outlets.
- Marriott Discount Card enabling to benefits from hotel room, gift shops and F&B across 130 countries.
- Travel Loan.
- 20 days holiday increasing with service.
- Annual Performance Review pay.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Recommend a Friend scheme £500 - £800.
- Pension & Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistant Program.
- Comprehensive Training and Development program.
- Awards and recognition celebrations and many more....
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.