Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Tampa/United States
Level : Management
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ29328
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22077629
Job Category Event Management
Location Tampa Marriott Water Street, 505 Water Street, Tampa, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Assists in supervising team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements and standards. Assists in developing and directing team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Services Operations
• Ensures Red Coat program is in place in accordance with Catering Event Service minimum standard.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are "on time" and meet Event Service Standards.
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Projects supply needs for the department (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, bottled water/water pitchers).
• Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
• Establishes consistent standards for regular meeting room sets and VIP meeting room sets.
• Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
• Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility.
• Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Delivery teams and the group contact throughout the event.
• Coordinates the necessary departments to maintain the meeting room standards.
• Reviews the Diary weekly to ensure space maximization.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Makes presence known to customer at all times.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Sets service goals for event service supervisors and employees in order to achieve Event Planner satisfaction goals.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals; critiques any variances.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.