Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Events and Group Manager - JW Marriott Grosvenor House
Posting Date May 10, 2022
Job Number 22076439
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Grosvenor House London, 86-90 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Executes all allocated Group Events with a seamless turnover from the event management team to the operation, ensuring all group events are executed with consistent, high level service throughout the event transaction. Through coordination with Sales, the appropriate hotel support departments, and customer, takes total responsibility for the successful management of assigned in-house groups. Prepares all documentation to the satisfaction of the customer and coordinates all group event details with the appropriate hotel departments. Recognizes opportunities to up-sell to the customer to ensure maximization of revenue opportunities at all times whilst also ensuring all health and safety aspects of the group are monitored.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within an Events Department or similar environment preferred
- Able to attend the daily and/or weekly operations meeting to liaise with the various Operational departments.
- Understanding of facility management as it relates to Health and Safety, maintenance and operational challenges
- Technical aptitude in Opera, Sales & catering and Marsha
- Familiarity in menu planning, food presentation and event service standards
- Ability to manage customer budgets
- Understands the department P & L statements and manages groups accordingly.
- Familiarity and knowledge of all departments within the hotel
- Effective communications at all levels across the hotel
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized manner by deadlines set
- Manages conflict situations effectively
- Understanding of audio visual equipment available and services offered
- Manages time well
- Operational knowledge - understands operational challenges
Education or Certification
- Strong familiarity in designing, up selling and executing outstanding catered events of various sizes and complexity
- Knowledge of, and experience in providing world class customer service to local and group clients
- Knowledge of and ability to integrate current trends in Group & Event Management
- Understands the hotel revenue strategy
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Manages group and event details to ensure high levels of service are achieved to guarantee a successful event.
- Handles all types of group events, which will include a number of very complex group events allocated at the discretion of the Director of Event Planning. Typically Groups & Events would comprise of residential conferences and events utilizing either some or all event space (Great Room, Ballroom and 86PL Suites); for 50 up to 700 guests and with 50 - 400 rooms on peak night)
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with the customer and hotel operations teams the details of the group event.
- Ensure all known arrival/departure schedules are communicated to Front Office, Guest Relations, Concierge and Luggage Porters for any in-house groups.
- Acts as liaison between the sales manager, operations team, any of the hotel support departments involved and the customer throughout the event process (pre-group event, on the day itself and post-group event).
- Able to attend and conduct client show rounds with or without Sales Manager and ensure follow up completed as required
- Able to attend and chair/manage Internal and Client Pre Con Meetings
- Able to attend and chair/manage Internal and Client Post Con Meetings. This to include communication of all feedback to various HOD's as required
- Attains post-group event feedback from the customer and communicates throughout the Hotel as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Sales Team, build and maintain good working relations with the major London Destination Management Companies in order to secure their loyalty to the Hotel
- Makes presence known to the customer through the entire process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to arrangements to ensure maximum success of the group allocated.
- Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the hotel associates and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Is accountable for his/her customers' experiences from initial enquiry through to the post-group event feedback following the issue of the final invoice.
- Ensure follow up correspondence is completed during the re-offer stage including diary updates as necessary.
- Stays until the end of dinner service on all allocated events in line with the departmental LSOP
- Responsible for the management of all financial aspects of in-house groups by holding daily client billing meetings
- Minimizing credit risk by having all deposits, guarantees and credit accounts in place before group/event takes place
- Ensure that all invoicing is accurate and dispatched within 7 days to facilitate swift payment of bills
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate commissions accrual schedule and approving agency final commission claim invoices
- Create a working document for each group including ensuring the filing of all necessary correspondence.
- Ensure follow up correspondence is completed during the re-offer stage including deposits, chases and updates as necessary within all systems.
- Advise Guest Relations and Front Office of all VIPs, special requests and routing instructions for Group bedroom bookings
- Ensure that any changes to the room block are reflected in Marsha and Opera.
- Input rooming lists into Marsha and ensure all information relating to group is correct
- To answer the telephone in a friendly, efficient and confident manner within 3 rings and provide accurate and concise information dealing with the enquiry according to office procedure.
- To ensure an efficient filing system, keeping documents in an orderly fashion so they are easily accessible in accordance to office standards.
- Responsible for preparing Groups Resume and Function Sheets with the appropriate supporting Purchase Order request to ensure items for the date concerned are ordered and then billed according to departmental Policy and Procedure.
- Update the master board and check all internal/external requirements on event function sheets for the event day, including final numbers, accommodation, security bookings, table linen, glassware, table plans and seating lists etc.
- To accurately record all client telephone calls, including messages for other members of the Event Management Team.
- To be dressed to the departmental standards and groomed correctly.
- To assist Director of Event Planning as required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.