Industry : Other Industry
Department : Housekeeping
Location : Changzhou, China
Level : Management
Posted : 03 Aug 2022
Job Role : Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ72375
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-04
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22133209
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Sheraton Changzhou Xinbei Hotel, No.88-1 Tong Jiang Zhong Road, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
• Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Participates in the management of the department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.