Finance and Accounts
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Finance Assistant Manager(Business level Japanese Required)
Posting Date May 11, 2022
Job Number 22077092
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location JW Marriott Hotel Nara, 1-1-1 Sanjo-oji, Nara City, Nara, Japan VIEW ON MAP
Brand JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes. Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Finance and Accounting or related major ; 2 years experience in finance and accounting or related professional area.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Balances credit card ledgers.
- Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors and assists in all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Assists to maintain a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
- Completes period end function each period.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Leading Accounting Teams
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, develop financial spreadsheets, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Motivates and provides a work environment where employees are productive.
- Imposes deadlines and delegates tasks.
- Provides an "open door policy" and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
- Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction.
- Supports the development, mentoring and training of employees.
- Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
- Trains people on account receivable posting techniques.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Demonstrates personal integrity.
- Uses effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Makes collections calls if necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.