Job Description For Food & Beverage Waiter M-Club Grosvenor Square
Job Number 22131896
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, Grosvenor Square, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
LONDON MARRIOTT HOTEL GROSVENOR SQUARE - PROUDLY MARRIOTT, UNIQUELY GROSVENOR SQUARE
Experience 5-star service at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square. Perfectly situated in the upscale Mayfair neighbourhood, minutes from Oxford Street's world-class shopping, Hyde Park and iconic landmarks, our newly refurbished bedrooms and suites are elegantly furnished and feature marble bathrooms, signature bedding and deluxe amenities. Enjoy scenic views of Grosvenor Square or our private gardens; some suites boast balconies. Indulge in steakhouse dining at Gordon Ramsay Bar & Grill, or sample modern fare at Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay, an Asian Eating House and vibrant late-night lounge. Unwind with a craft cocktail after an exciting day in Mayfair, London at our hotel's 1920's-inspired award-winning speakeasy bar, The Luggage Room. Discover 12,109 square feet of high-tech, recently renovated venue space at our hotel; our grand ballroom is imbued with natural daylight, making it ideal for business or social gatherings. The London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square can't wait to welcome you to Mayfair. We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 7,000 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide. Begin your career journey with Marriott. Your 5-star experience awaits.
We are now recruiting for a dynamic and passionate Food & Beverage Waiter M-Club Grosvenor Square to join our magnificent five-star, luxury hotel. Have fun working alongside an award-winning team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training is available to you. We enjoy crafting bespoke journeys for you.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK?
A points-based immigration system affecting the eligibility to apply to work in the UK has been introduced from 01 January 2022. Applicants with Irish citizenship, an indefinite leave to enter the UK or an indefinite leave to remain in the UK are eligible to work in the UK including EU citizens who already lived in the UK by 31 December 2020. Please refer to the Home Office website for more details. You can also prove your right to work to employers by visiting this website https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
What we're looking for Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification. Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You're a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home. WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
A unique opportunity to be part of an award-winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent. Being part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world opens doors of opportunity worldwide. The sky is your limit. You will have access to fabulous & flexible benefits to help you nurture your inner self.
- Competitive Salary + 28 days holiday including bank holidays increasing to a maximum of 35 days
- Discount in Gordon Ramsay's Bar & Grill and The Lucky Cat
- Childcare Vouchers
- Length of service rewards and invitations to afternoon teas
- Monthly/yearly recognition schemes
- Extensive training both internally and externally
- World-class career opportunities internationally within Marriott hotels tailored to your specific needs
- Heavily discounted room rates for you & friends and family
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Complimentary dry cleaning
- Complimentary use of Gym - because your wellbeing is important
- Annual parties, Christmas lunches, Summer BBQ's and Easter celebrations
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Competitive car lease schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.