Industry : Other Industry
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Minneapolis, United States
Level : Management
Posted : 23 Nov 2022
Job Role : Asst. Sales Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ25717
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-12-24
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22203283
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Delta Hotels Minneapolis Northeast, 1330 Industrial Boulevard NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Scalzo Hospitality, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
• Prospect and solicit existing and new accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals through telephone calls, cold calling, internet use, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
• Negotiate rates, prepare contracts, and respond to all Requests for Proposals in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends and competition; know competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Develop guest profiles and maintain an effective trace system, including future trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increase revenues.
• Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new clients to enable future bookings.
• Close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Handle group bookings, to include but not limited to point of inquiry, hotel tours, quoting rates, contract development, detailing of needs, communication of group requirement to other departments of the hotel, organizing tastings, menus, final billing accuracy, management of group on day of event and follow up.
• Utilize Delphi to trace all daily sales activities & correspondence with clients/guests to ensure prompt response from client and sales personnel.
• Provide exemplary guest service to drive guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting clients and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their stay.
• Serve clients by understanding their requirements and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
• Maintains well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management systems in order to serve clients and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
• Develop strong relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
• Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
• Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
• Assumes responsibilities for personal growth and development.
• Understands and communicates the Scalzo Hospitality Mission and Core Values.
• Follows and upholds the Delta Hotel by Marriott Standards.
• Searches for ways to increase guest satisfaction.
• Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
• Actively listens to guests, clients, coworkers, employees, etc.
• Conveys company information to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
• Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
• Assist and serve all guests and co-workers (in person and on the phone) in a sincere and courteous manner. Communicate clearly and courteously ensuring compliance with world class hospitality standards.
• A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of catering, food & beverage and hospitality professions
• Strong background in selling rooms, catering, meeting rooms and food & beverage
• Effective communication skills, the ability to negotiate, influence and sell to professionals and/or prospective hotel guests.
• Must be sharp, energetic and effective in prospecting for and closing on business.
• Must be self-motivated and results orientated
• Must possess the ability to balance what the client wants with what is best for the property and work together in a team atmosphere, driving revenues for the hotel is also vitally important.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently as well as maintaining calm in high-stress situations
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, employees, and vendors.
• Ability to accurately report information.
• Must be personable and approachable, and maintain interpersonal relations with guests, employees.
• Ability to adapt to special and sometimes unexpected situations.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.