Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Miami, United States
Level : Director
Posted : 23 Sep 2022
Job Role : Food & Beverage Director
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ19026
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-10-30
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22166015
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Miami, 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, MDM Hotel Group, Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the hotel's food and beverage/culinary operation, including Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Banquets/Catering, where applicable. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the food and beverage/culinary operation meets the brand's target customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department. As a member of the Executive Committee, develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and property associates and provides a return on investment to the owner.
Job Family Core Work Activities
• Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
• Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Improving Profit - Developing means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates - Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Communicating Information Timely - Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintaining Balance Between Profit and Service Satisfaction - Estimating cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Ensuring Communication of Expectations and Objectives - Ensuring that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Setting Goals - Establishing challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.'
This company is an equal opportunity employer.