Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Franchised Event Coordinator
Job Number 22165962
Job Category Event Management
Location Sheraton Lake Como Hotel, Via per Cernobbio 41A, Como, Como, Italy VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Grand Hotel di Como SRL. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To perform an integral role in assisting the Groups and Event Manager in the co-ordination of the groups & events he/she has been allocated; to ensure a seamless turnover from the event management team to the Hotel operation. To prepare all documentation to the satisfaction of the customer and assist in coordinating all event details including the processing of all paperwork and correspondence directly with nominated external suppliers and internal hotel departments.
What we're looking for:
- Background in Hospitality and / or Hotel Front Office related discipline
- Looking to move into an Event Management role
- Great conversational and teamwork spirit
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Service oriented demeanor
- Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarisation with Opera, Sales & Catering and Marsha, especially in light of group event detail updates and payment methods
- Technical aptitude in Opera, Sales & Catering and Marsha
- Familiarity and knowledge of all departments within the hotel ensuring accurate communication
- Presents correspondence and information in a concise, well-organized manner
- Manages time well and confident when dealing with clients both verbally and in written communications
- Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- The following are some of the specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To collate all the Group reservation data received from customers and update all systems on a daily basis;
- To ensure all systems are balanced on a daily basis, so they reflect the same status and room pick-up for each group room block. Actual group pick-up to be updated upon departure of groups;
- To follow up with Group Event Planners on overdue rooming lists and room block release dates;
- To input rooming lists into Marsha where required and ensure all information relating to group is correct;
- Assist the Groups & Event Manager to communicate details accurately to all hotel support departments to ensure high levels of service are achieved;
- To co-ordinate and communicate verbally and in writing with the customer to ensure accurate details of each event are obtained in a timely nature
- Assist with customer site inspections during the sales phase in the absence of the allocated Groups & Event Manager.
- To assist in any client pre-con meetings. Ensuring that there is an agenda, and all relevant members of the Team are invited/have all the information prepared.
- To answer the telephone in a friendly, efficient and confident manner within 3 rings and provide accurate and concise information dealing with the enquiry according to office procedure.
- To assist Groups & Event Manager with billing after the event.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.