Food and Beverage Service
Omaha, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Franchised Event Services Manager
Job Number 22135710
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Farnam Autograph Collection, 1299 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Come join The Farnam, Autograph Collection, and start your career with the only AAA Four Diamond hotel in Nebraska!
Primary focus is on executing all aspects of event planning including meetings, reunions, social functions and catering. The Manager position includes all coordination of Catering, collection of deposits, event details and final counts and payments, etc.
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by planning/coordinating/up selling all components of catering business in a profitable and win-win selling approach
- To understand and respond to all guests' needs and requests in a timely, professional manner and with a sense of urgency
- To act as a liaison between hotel and client to ensure all details of each program are planned/executed/communicated successfully
- To create group resumes and banquet event orders outlining all group details, meet distribution deadlines and adhere to SOPs and on track criteria
- To plan and execute all events, including assistance with menu and wine selection, decor, entertainment, audio visual and recreational activities
- To create upselling opportunities for all groups
- To ensure food & beverage minimums are met/exceeded per group contract and that advance deposits and payments are collected as outlined in each contract
- To ensure all hotel amenities and upgrades are presented and sold
- To conduct site planning visits
- To communicate last minute changes of all events to hotel staff and ensure operational follow-up is at standards
- To attend and lead the bi-weekly BEO Review meetings to communicate any last minute changes and overall review of events
- To meet weekly deadlines and perform other tasks as directed
- Coordination of all catering business as developed by the sales/catering manager. Contact and appropriately follow-up on all signed/contracted business within 5 working days. Determination and coordination of all event planning needs.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed to the clients "expectations plus one".
- Responsible for building strong, professional customer relationships and providing consistent outstanding customer service
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and managers in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains as effective trace system including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Promptly, the same day or by 10am the next business day, follows-up on all customers, needs and inquires in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity by maximizing sales opportunities with clients.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs. Maximizes return on all investments
- Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service -focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel
- Presents a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times
SUPERVISORY DUTIES -
- Contributes to the hotel's overall sales effort during planning and strategy phases, through research and knowledgeable input
- Arrives to work on time
- Responsible for scheduled rotating Saturday sales office coverage
- Community/Trade Involvement: Actively participates in those community and trade organizations that most benefit the hotel's exposure to the community and the hotel's bottom line.
- Responsible for updating social media handles.
- Limited marketing duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management
None Job Requirements JOB QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques
- Requires highly developed customer service skills
- Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills
- Requires effective verbal communication and business writing skills
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions
- Strong follow-up and guest satisfactions skills
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions
- Work on more than one task at a time
- Develop strong internal and customer relationship
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions
- Respond to coaching, feedback and training
- Must be detailed oriented
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- One year minimum hotel sales or catering experience
- General office equipment; computer, copier, facsimile, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Office environment, weather exposure when making sales calls.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.