Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Franchised Group Rooms Coordinator
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22078687
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Farnam Autograph Collection, 1299 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Come join The Farnam, Autograph Collection, and start your career with the only AAA Four Diamond hotel in Nebraska!
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Sales & Catering Managers and the Director of Sales in daily sales operations in the sales department capacity
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
Individual and Group Reservations:
- Ensures all inquiries are entered properly into the inquiry form and lightspeed as requested. Qualifies the inquiry properly and passes on if appropriate.
- Provide clients with detailed information regarding the hotel, its facilities, and surrounding areas. Reply to inquiries the same day.
- Ensures prompt issuance of proposals, corporate/group/wholesale rate agreement and collateral requests given by Sales & Catering Managers and the Director of Sales.
- Assists Director of Sales with sales and revenue initiatives
- Assists Senior Sales and Catering Manager with booking events by following up on booking procedures i.e. getting history, requesting deposits, credit/direct billing applications, credit card authorization forms etc. and follow up on group's success while on site and after event for re-booking purposes (within hotel policy)
- Tracks monthly production of corporate/consortia accounts
- Acts as key administrator on Lanyon/MarRFP for corporate/consortia RFPs. During RFP season, Lanyon/MarRFP must be checked twice daily, all incoming RFPs must be submitted on time
- Acts as key administrator on Cvent, CI/TY, Visit Omaha for group RFPs.
- All electronic tools must be checked twice daily, all incoming RFPs must be submitted within 24 hours.
- Conducts site inspections with clients as needed.
- Prepares and distributes group resumes and BEO's.
- Create rate codes for packages, promotions, and corporate rates and load in Lightspeed
- Monitor room release dates for group blocks by running 'Blocks by cutoff date" report daily. Reviewing room' pick up/drop off on a daily basis.
- Meets and greets clients in a professional and hospitable manner. Being the first face for the sales and catering department for incoming calls and visitors. Also acts as liaison between Sales & Catering Managers and clients
- Attends sales meetings and any other meetings as required, takes minutes for meetings as requested
- Files a variety of materials and updates the sales activity trace system.
- Ensures a properly organized work environment
- Prepares special requests and amenities as required for VIP guests and group arrivals
- Replenish sales kit supplies office supply for the sales and catering team as needed
- Assists in the preparation of in-house sales promotions, receptions and client functions
- Ensure sales share drive has all relevant and up to date files. Organizes and updates Opera accounts and contacts
- Attends client/association/company events as required
- Actively upsells each request to maximum profitability and sales
- Assists in the handling of telephone and walk-in inquiries
- Consults with Accounting, Front Desk, and F&B Department on billing procedures as required
- Distributes group resume & BEO's to all departments, ensure file turnover checklist is completed prior to handing definite files over
- Maintains and updates the directory listings
- Follows-up on bookings and obtains additional information to complete the sales files
- Maintains and updates the Lightspeed database
- Expedites direct mail pieces and progress
- Making individual and group reservations; add special requests and notes as necessary.
- Send intro letter to meeting planner requesting rooming list, VIP details, rooming list, and billing forms for all definite groups
- Input group rooming lists and provide group reservation confirmations to meeting planner
- Administer group rooming list guestroom changes and cancelations
- Identify Group VIP's, upgrade to next room type as necessary
- Ascertain VIP client requirements/needs and ensure they are communicated to the operating departments
- Ensure for individual and group reservations hotel guarantee, deposit, and cancelation policies are adhered to
- Ensure credit card authorization forms and photocopy of front and back of credit card is obtained prior to guest's arrival to set up direct billing
- Provides clients with a level of service that meets or exceeds their expectations
- Assists Director of Sales and Sales Managers in maintaining strong relationship with key accounts
- Maintains an updated file of potential and existing clients with detailed information profile about their potential and production
- Assists Director of Sales in preparing and submitting production reports, activity reports, sales trip & expense reports, action plans, and other reports as necessary in a timely manner
- Participates in trade shows and blitzes as required
- Initiates mailings to obtain better market saturation
- Stays current on competition and market place
- Conducts competitive price shopping to ensure hotel is appropriately price for all season in specific market segment
Job Requirements Education
- Responds to customer complaints, giving out information and resolving problems. Involves Director of Sales, Director of Rooms, Director of F&B and General Manager as necessary
- Assists in the preparation of weekly activities and sales call plans outlining activities, proposals and business overall as necessary
- Assist with preparation of profit plan, rate plan, forecasting, budgeting and any other reports as required by Management
- Photocopies and distributes a variety of materials such as incoming and outgoing mail. Sends facsimile and email messages
- Ensures Lightspeed is supported
- Assist with and facilitates sale policies and procedures, development, enhancing and implementing thereof
- Follows up on rooming lists, function details and deposits as required
- Types, faxes and distributes a variety of documents such as sales contracts, event orders, proposals and letters and any other types of correspondence required. Distributes sales and statistical booking productivity reports, booking and contracts to the appropriate departments
- Enters, edits and cancels bookings in computer as required
- Maintains an updated file of clients and prospects
- Records and logs inquiries
- Ensures continuous inventory of collateral of brochures and other materials for distribution/mailings to guests, tradeshows, walk-ins
- Updates and maintains mailing lists
- Completes purchase orders for any purchase requests
- Complies with hotel policies and procedures
- Act as key Operator for Lightspeed, including follow up and resolving any sales and catering issues.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Experience in and administrative office environment
- College or university degree
- Knowledge of general hotel operations.
- Knowledge of general administrative duties.
- Ci/ty, Lightspeed experience preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.