Front of House
Job Role :
Guest Services Associate
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Franchised Guest Services Associate (Receptionist)
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22078549
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Grand Residences by Marriott - Mayfair-London, 47 Park Street, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information : This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Front Desk Guest Service Associate position requires a person with good customer service skills who will be interacting with our Members and Guests at the front desk. They would also be required to work in an office environment as a reservations agent and AYS agent. Front desk, AYS and reservations individual tasks are listed below. As well as good customer service skills; being able to work well as a team and being able to deal with difficult situations would be a benefit. The role involves weekend and shift work and all applicants are to be well groomed.
General Front Office Operations
- Support management in the achievement of team goals and performance expectations, and the maintenance of timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations.
- Promote a positive work environment by supporting colleagues with work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Serve as a departmental role model by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Encourage and motivate colleagues to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Support management by ensuring that the team has the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g. supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN and PLEASED.) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g. escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance to co-workers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g. pagers and email).
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet (e.g., dial-up, broadband, wireless).
- Transfer guests with internet access issues to the internet service provider's customer support line.
- Monitor busy or unanswered lines, check back with callers on hold to update status, and offer to take a message.
- Activate and deactivate guest room message lights as appropriate.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g. OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to Concierge issuing room key.
- Reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible. Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Check AM and PM discrepancy report
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Review out-of-order rooms daily to determine status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- Process all check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Clear departures in computer system to document that rooms are no longer occupied.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Concierge, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Take room service orders over the phone. Have a full understanding of the menu and any dietary requirements
- Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Concierge, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering or Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Accept and record wake-up call and deliver wake-up calls for guests at requested time.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Count float at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Count float at end of shift and secure float.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures when computer system is down.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
Working with Others
- Anticipate sold-out situations.
- Obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for guests when the property cannot accommodate them.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests (e.g., guaranteed room types, special requests, VIP's, early arrivals, guest recognition).
- Make reservations for Members out of office hours
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals
Policies and Procedures
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Ensure your own performance is in line with our brand standard
Safety and Security
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training to perform work tasks.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Notify Manager on Duty / General Manager of any guest reports of theft
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Customer Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Fluent English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Applied Reading
Organization Assists Management
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
- Numerical Competency
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Resolving Conflict
- Team Building
High school GSCEs or equivalent
This company is an equal opportunity employer.