Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For General Ledger Assistant (Location Flexible: Eschborn/London)
Job Number 22165775
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Europe Office - Eschborn, Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
This position will be part of the Europe Finance & Accounting team responsible for a number of General Ledger activities, supporting associates based in the Continents satellite offices around Europe.
This individual will work with other members of the Accounting Team under the direction of the Accounting Manager during the Month End process, ensuring reports and reconciliations are produced, both timely and accurately. The individual will also work with other functions within Finance, including Shared Services and Tax. Communication and organization are key attributes required for this role, as the General Ledger Assistant will be the key contact within the finance team for some departments, and also perform tasks assigned to him/her from the Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting, as and when required.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience
- Running, consolidating, and analyzing various reports and financial documents
- Assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports, other reporting needs and ad hoc consolidation work as required
- Preparation and posting of Marriott International General Ledger (MIGL) journals (including accruals)
- Perform the month end close process
- Support department heads with month end close, as assigned.
- Assist the Continent Tax and Entity teams in providing data and analysis, as it relates to financial statement audits, tax compliance and tax audits
- Accounts Receivable, including preparation and posting of invoices, and input into the OFB billing file
- Co-ordinate any billing requirements for Europe Continent Offices
- Accounts Payable, including the review, coding, and posting of AP invoices, entries and running reports to verify late/failed payments
- Process manual payments
- Support with VAT submission and reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Review, process, & audit travel expense reports for all entities that are not on the Concur Platform.
- Provide cover for other members of the Finance & Accounting team in London and Eschborn during periods of absence
- Provide a clear, friendly service to all associates
- Promptly responding to queries and perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or Director of Accounting
Education or Certification
- 2 years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field.
- Proven experience with balance sheet reconciliation.
- Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger system a plus.
- Must be fully computer literate with good working knowledge of mainstream applications such as MS Windows and common MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
- Student of AAT, ACCA or CIMA (or country equivalent) a plus
- Good business process and time management skills; ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
- Must be able to work in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates on technical accounting issues.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure.
- Demonstrates sound organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Demonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?