London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For GSO London Intern
Job Number 22203786
Job Category Management Development Programs/Interns
Location London GSO, 86 Fetter Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Global Sales Intern, London, supports the London GSO teams in day-to-day activities across all brands within Marriott International. The Global Sales Intern supports the team with pre-planning for events, including tradeshows, roadshows, and any customer related events and the following;
CANDIDATE PROFILE - Education and Experience
- Perform general office duties to support the team.
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott.
- Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information in Empower which involves sales activities and trends.
- The posi t i on will be based in the Global Sales Office London.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS DUTIES
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 -year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration , Marketing, Hotel or Restaurant Management required
- Fluent English required (written and spoken) and any additional European languages beneficial, although not essential
- To assist with all reasonable projects that are assigned
- Assist in coordinating travel opportunities including Tradeshows, industry roadshows, sales a ppointments, familiarization trips
- To become familiar with GSO accounts by markets
- To support efforts to identify Development Accounts
- To manage special projects when applicable
- To develop and demonstrate understanding and knowledge of key hotels and destinations
- To prepare presentations for special sales activities and events.
- To assist with schedules and meeting setups
- To handle internal and external guest opportunities to ensure guest satisfaction
- To ensure paperwork i s processed to clients, other departments, etc., in a timely manner.
- Produce quarterly production reports per manager
- Maintain updated list of key contacts and each Marriott International property worldwide
- Organize all correspondence per account and lead and set up tasks for relevant follow up
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work w i th d i fferent l eve l s of management and management styles as needed in position
JOB RELATED BUSINESS FOCUS
- o Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to other recommendations whi le seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction, and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
- Sets priorities and establishes a realist i c act i on plan while ant i c i pat i ng potential i ssues i mpacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail-oriented, maximizes resources, meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position .
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability i n getting the job done efficiently, in a timely manner, professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to i mprove these skills and represents staff and division positively
- Highly motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and offers flexibility when last minute projects are required
- Good IT knowledge- ability to use standard software applications including Excel
- A b il i ty to manage electronic real t i me communication chann e l s
- Sales and customer service oriented
- Languages are an advantage but not essential
- A b i l ity to ensure security and confidentia l i ty of customer and company information
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?