Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Singapore/Singapore
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ71320
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 14, 2022
Job Number 22079652
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel, 320 Orchard Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Ensure staff is working together as a team. Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies. Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment. Inspect and maintain table set-ups for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and company standards, and resolve any problems. Document pertinent information in appropriate department log book.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
1. Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
2. Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
3. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
4. Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
5. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
6. Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
7. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
8. Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
1. Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
2. Follow company and department policies and procedures.
3. Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
4. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
5. Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
6. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
1. Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
2. Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
3. Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
4. Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
5. Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
6. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
7. Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
8. Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
1. Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
2. Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
3. Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
4. Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
5. Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
6. Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
1. Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
2. Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
3. Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
4. Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
5. Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
6. Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
7. Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
8. Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
9. Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
10. Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
Working with Others
1. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
2. Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
3. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
4. Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
5. Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
1. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
2. Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
General Food and Beverage Services
1. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
2. Notify management of maintenance repairs issues.
3. Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
4. Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
5. Communicate information to manager/supervisor by documenting pertinent information in appropriate department logbook.
6. Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
1. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements requested by guest.
2. Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment.
3. Inspect and maintain table set-ups for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and company standards, and resolve any problems.
4. Follow up on special banquet event arrangements requested by guest to ensure compliance.
- Candidate must possess at least Professional Certificate/ NiTEC, culinary certificate or equivalent
- At least 1 year of relevant supervisory experience
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Meticulous and attentive to details
- Good team player and team builder
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.