Industry : Other Industry
Department : Housekeeping
Location : Denver, United States
Level : Management
Posted : 06 Aug 2022
Job Role : Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ59443
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-06
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22134886
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Westin Denver International Airport, 8300 Pena Boulevard, Denver, Colorado, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to verify property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same with them.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Understands the brand's service culture.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $67,001 annually. This position offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.