Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Junior Sous Chef - Permanent
Posting Date May 11, 2022
Job Number 22077598
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Kitchen team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
A supervisory position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily objectives in the kitchen. Leads staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget .
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- A Full Time/Part Time position based at the MARRIOTT FOREST OF ARDEN HOTEL
- Number of Direct Reports - 3-6
- Titles of Direct Reports - Chef de Partie
- High school GCSE's; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Managing Daily Operations of the Area or Department - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Maintaining Productivity Levels - Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of associates.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
- Maintains all Marriott food/Kitchen standards as per SOPs and LSOPs
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area associates in high demand times.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
- Ensures completion of assigned duties.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
- Ensures associates keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
- Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Handles associate questions and concerns.
- Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories according to budget.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.
- Supports and assists with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
- Conducts training when appropriate.
- Monitors associate's progress towards meeting performance expectations.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartment).
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours.
- All Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.