Job Description For Maintenance Officer - Part Time
Job Number 23015037
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location W Melbourne, 408 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You'll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Hourly salary above the award + penalty rates
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
- Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties. Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Perform repairs on interior and exterior landscaping as well as external landscaping sprinklers. Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler schedules and making temperature changes.
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia's cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what's New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 bold rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city's history. There are five electric and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in. W DOESN'T RECRUIT EMPLOYEES, WE CAST TALENT
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefines revelry for the modern jet set.W SITS ALONGSIDE LUXURY, NOT CONFINED BY IT
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.WE'RE IN THE KNOW, SO YOU'RE IN THE KNOW
Whatever/Whenever® service caters to every need in a personalized and personable way - friendly, unscripted, real and connected. This is amplified by W Insiders: tapped-in Talent who provide guests insider access to everything locals are buzzing about. W Talent relate to guests' edgy attitude and thrive in a setting where they can be true to themselves.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.