Bethesda, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Manager, Enterprise SEO
Job Number 22129194
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Manager, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is responsible for identifying, developing, and managing initiatives that support Enterprise Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs for Marriott.com, Marriott's in-language global sites, mobile apps, and all other Marriott International web experiences. The goal is to capture share of voice from natural search competitors at each stage of the Buyer's Journey in order to drive visits, bookings, and room nights. This will be done by capitalizing on opportunities from both a content and technical perspective.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of SEO experience.
- Ability to manage multiple international agencies/vendors.
- Deep knowledge of online measurement, tracking methods, and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to take complex projects and efforts from conception to successful execution.
- Experience working with associates, vendors and customers in remote locations and international markets (multiple time zones).
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Effective written and oral communications skills. Sensitivity to global communication needs.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Past agency experience
- Experience doing SEO at the enterprise level
- Enhance and manage ongoing strategies to optimize Marriott's global digital platforms to support source markets for high organic search placement within local search engines
- Define strategic approach for technical, on-site, local, mobile app and social search strategies
- Partner with Digital business units, Corporate Communications, Rewards, Brand Marketing, and Continent and Field teams to ensure alignment of global SEO strategies
- Build enterprise knowledge and evangelize SEO best practices to partners throughout the organization
- Responsible for achieving annual room night and visibility targets
Reporting and Analysis
- Achieve program results through close cross-departmental collaboration with the broader Digital Product organization, Global Brand and Marketing, Corporate Communications, Loyalty, Continent and Field teams, and other groups as needed.
- Support Agile teamwork and improve process and coordination among team
- Lead the development and implementation of initiatives to support Marriott's Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs to optimize Marriott's global digital platforms
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Regularly review and analyze performance of natural search efforts against goals; recommends strategy changes as needed.
- Communicate program results to appropriate internal and external stakeholders, building consensus towards further expansion aimed at optimal profitability.
- Leverage resources to mine website data, syndicated research, and other customer insight tools to develop optimization strategies for reaching customer targets.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?