Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Manager, Franchise Transactions
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22076813
Job Category Owner & Franchise Services
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The position of Manager, Franchise Transactions provides support to the Owner & Franchise Services, Franchise Transactions team by executing franchise transactions and overseeing and performing related tasks (and assisting the Growth Administration team with tasks as needed based on workflow needs).
CANDIDATE PROFILE Key Talents and Experience
- Coordinates with multiple stakeholders both within MI and the Owner/Franchisee community, from the initial screening of prospective owners to the execution of franchise documents.
- Manages relicensing/management change transactions for existing franchised hotels.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with owners/franchisees and Franchise Vice Presidents for execution of lender-related transactions.
- Oversees and manages intake mailboxes for the Franchise Transactions team.
- Partners with other business disciplines (i.e., Legal, A&C, Global Design, Global Quality, Accounting and Development) to secure appropriate expertise needed for effective transaction processes.
- Prequalifies prospective ownership and management companies and consults with Franchise Vice Presidents and Account Executives regarding approval.
- Communicates and discusses applicable franchise business terms with prospective Franchisees.
- Manages application/disclosure and ensures compliance with disclosure regulations.
- Reviews legal documentation to ensure compliance with agreed business terms.
- Prepares transaction-related correspondence and documents.
- Generates, maintains and distributes reports using internal database (OASIS).
- Manages, updates, and edit process documents and templates.
- Collaborates with Feasibility and Development to ensure proper notification of new projects and ensure compliance with GAC guidelines.
- Performs other duties as business needs determines.
Education and Professional Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook (Manage multiple mailboxes/folders), Teams (Manage channels and files), Word (macro enabled files), Excel (formulas).
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat X Pro (interactive/fillable PDF documents).
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, dependability, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sharp business acumen and understanding of Marriott's business objectives.
- Capacity to research and analyze business information to make recommendations to senior management in matters that may have significant impact on the value of the hotel/agreement to MI.
- General knowledge of legal agreements.
- Comfortable with learning and using databases.
- Team player who works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with several levels of the organization.
Bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.