IT and Computers
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Manager, Online Retail (6 months contract)
Job Number 22133326
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Shanghai Operations, 9/F Tower B One ITC, Shanghai, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
This role will support the execution of the strategic online retail plan for Asia Pacific to drive awareness and growth of Marriott's branded products, with a focus on Greater China. This role will help identify, prioritize and execute on functional enhancements, product assortment changes/additions and internal/external partnerships to grow revenues. He / she will work closely with the HQ and APAC retail teams to enable retail integration into the regional marketing strategy and identify other unique opportunities for the business in line with the Global Enterprise Partnerships and retail strategy. The role will stay abreast of changes in the online marketing & ecommerce environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjust plans accordingly. In addition to reporting to the Director of Enterprise Partnerships (China), this person will have a dotted line to the Sr. Director of Retail (U.S.).
The Manager of Online Retail must have knowledge of digital marketing as well as an understanding of retail sales channel conversion including merchandising, promotions, analytics and product capabilities. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the digital landscape and ecosystems in Greater China and use that to identify aopportunities for the retail business.
The ideal candidate must be detail and results-oriented, organized and committed to flawless execution. The candidate must be comfortable working in conjunction with other internal and external groups to accomplish all goals - and will need to be a self-starter, flexible and creative.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 2-3 years of experience within the eCommerce/Online Retail industry. The candidate will have a strong familiarity and working knowledge of third-party marketplaces and social media/communication apps in Greater China. Must be fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The core focus areas/contributions for this role are:
1. Driving revenue growth and build awareness for the online retail business by supporting internal and external opportunities to integrate retail into the customer journey.
2. Identifying enhancements to Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques product assortment, content, functionality and optimization
3. Reporting, measuring and communicating out the performance of the program, various marketing efforts and value for the retail program .
In addition, the following are also expected:
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
- Promotes the documenting of project progress accurately.
- Provides input and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data and/ or process information.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Digital Marketing Principles
- eCommerce Principles
- Partnership fundamentals
- Business Analytics
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?