Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Training and Development
Location : Bethesda/United States
Level : Management
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Training and Development Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ61371
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22078664
Job Category Human Resources
Location HR Shared Service East, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Market Learning Manager is a key member of the US/CAN Learning Organization and will contribute specialized learning knowledge and skills to support continent and discipline objectives for properties across all brands in US/CAN. Market Learning Managers are subject matters expert on brand, service and leadership development tools and resources, educating associates in their resources and assisting in their development. The role will support hotels through a Field Trainer Network to effectively upskill on-property training cadres to deliver orientation, brand and service and other discipline/departmental programs. This manager will support learning program deployments to effectively achieve results in
alignment with broader business objectives. The Market Learning Manager will take a market-based approach in supporting the development of key talent and associates through ensuring that learning plans are aligned to the strategic priorities, utilizing a digital first approach and demonstrating impact.
Education and Experience
• BA/BS (or equivalent) preferred
• Experience in learning delivery
• Prior work experience in hotel operations leadership role.
• Marriott Trainer Certification II & III or PowerFacilitation preferred
• Experience developing strategic learning plans
Competencies and Attributes
• Ability to implement change and foster accountability
• Knowledge of management development concepts and theories
• Excellent delivery platform skills
• Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication skills
• Builds relationships across a diverse work environment to include a broad group of stakeholders
• Ability to influence without authority
• Understands and effectively manages in a virtual work environment
• Strong knowledge of delivery options/media (e.g. online learning, classroom training, blended learning) and analysis methods (e.g. job/task
analysis, performance analysis)
• Knowledge in technology-based delivery tools (i.e. computers, projectors)
• Able to effectively facilitate to a wide variety of audiences
• Ability to coach others for performance improvement
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Supports the implementation and activation of a Field Trainer Network to support on-property resources that are responsibility for delivering
training at their hotels
• Coordinates with HR and departmental leaders at hotels within their markets to ensure properties are accessing the appropriate learning
materials, leveraging digital resources when available and following program guidelines and delivery approaches
• Collaborates with HR teams to ensure hotels have appropriate access to Learning Coordinator functionality
• Educates hotels on mHub, Digital Learning Zone and reporting functions in order to track learning compliance for hotel associates
• Troubleshoots challenges with required training & learning program assignments and provides resources as necessary to support hotel's
use of digital learning technologies. Escalates common issues through leaders to be addressed by global L+D technology team
• Supports the deployment of global learning programs within their markets, fielding questions on launch approach, resources and timing
• Consults and collaborates with hotels on the delivery of key learning programs such as Leadership in Motion (LIM) and Living Our Core
• Develop and deliver Train-the-Trainer programs to upskill hotel managers key learning programs and facilitate Departmental Trainer
• Support and activate Talent Development programs and resources in market hotels (e.g. Become)
Corp Mgr. of IC Template - Rev 2.0 Nov2014 2
• Upskill and support brand champions and other on-property trainers to execute effective orientation and brand and service training in market
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop strategic learning plans that can be executed through on-property training cadres, and via
virtual and digital learning programs
• Consults with market, hotel and/or department leaders to understand challenges and delivers learning solutions to meet identified needs.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with stakeholders to promote learning priorities.
• Leverages technology to deliver training programs, as appropriate, including digital learning, LMS, virtual instructor led training and
• Utilized enhanced facilitation skills to deliver market based, VILT and ILT training for on-property hourly and management development (e.g.
Foundations of Leadership, Brand and Service Training, Leadership Development).
• Delivers training to promote transfer of knowledge according to program learning objectives.
• Thoroughly prepares for each learning event and demonstrates a mastery of content knowledge.
• Creates an environment that enables maximum learning by employing adult learning principles.
• Demonstrates knowledge of brand acumen for brands supported by understanding brand pillars, modeling the behavior and holding others
• Utilizes data and dashboards to ensure market and property accountability and measure impact.
• Verifies that management and non-management training programs are conducted in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Verifies programs/processes are effectively implemented to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives.
• Ensures proficiency in current business and brand information relevant to market learning plans and course offering.
• Performs other duties as appropriate
• Up to 50% travel required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.