Sales and Marketing-PR
Job Role :
Asst. Marketing Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Marketing Manager
Job Number 22134769
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, 26/1 Dr. Rajkumar Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Marketing and Communications Manager is part of an important team that creates and executes property-level communications to our customers. Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Communication, this role promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel. This role helps build direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels to the end of driving consumer awareness and preference, increasing market share, and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. This role focuses on showcasing Food and Beverage promotions, both to hotel guests and to local patrons. As part of the Marketing and Communication team, this role is fully connected into resources in their region; Marketing and Communication Managers liaise and build deep partnerships with their regional eCommerce and Marketing teams to verify all local, social, and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization. This role also gets to do a little bit of everything, from balancing traditional and digital marketing and eCommerce activities to contributing to public relations (PR) activities for the hotel. Success is measured by how well they help drive the sales and revenue strategy of the property, social media engagement and also by how effectively leveraged the resources around them are to create truly compelling marketing and communications campaigns.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related major and 4 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising experience preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Hotel Marketing and Advertising
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience preferred.
Social Media Content Management
- Executes annual marketing plan to budget, in consultation with the GM, Food and Beverage leader, Operations leaders, Director of Marketing Communications, and cluster marketing and ecommerce teams.
- Partners with Operations, Food & Beverage and Sales teams to execute promotions and campaigns to target in-house guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue to the hotel.
- Acts as the liaison between the marketing department and advertising agency on the tactical advertising campaigns' creative and media plans, particularly for food and beverage promotions.
- Manages F&B media schedules and verifies prompt settlement of accounts.
- Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading, verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer groups
- Executes email marketing, and display advertising.
- Maintains frequent, active engagement with Cluster eCommerce manager to verify alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
- Verifies all advertising for the hotel in digital channels is in alignment with brand voice.
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
- Facilitates social media engagement and updating content in local digital channels (e.g., hotel website, travel sites).
- Develops and executes promotions campaign in F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences through relevant digital and social media channels.
- Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responds accordingly.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
- Develops a comprehensive PR plan per quarter along with agency and and executes post sign-off from GM.
- Maintains a comprehensive list of local media contracts, with particular emphasis on food critics and bloggers.
- Manages assigned accounts as per the media account management system.
- Writes and distributes all press releases for property events, promotions, and outlets.
- Manages the execution of hotel sponsored events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
- Supports pull through of impactful PR strategy & activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
- Verifies the news clippings and other online, print, and social media mention report is completed on a monthly basis for property distribution.
- Manages external vendors and media agencies; works with agency partners and continent PR leader to identify strategic media buys for their hotel(s).
- Surfaces and vets PR leads from the continent PR Leader regarding which are the best media to promote the hotel.
- Supports the co-ordination of photography for F&B advertising, collateral and public relations purposes between the hotel, advertising agency and the regional field marketing teams.
- Manages photo shoots for seasonal or festive promotions in partnership with the cluster or area marketing team.
- Acts as central point of contact for regionally approved local photographers for food, amenity, and property imagery; coordinates with area or cluster marketing to verify all photography adheres to brand voice.
- Coordinates and executes Hotel and F&B printed materials.
- Controls quantity and inventory of all Hotel marketing collateral and verifies copies are filed in a comprehensive manner.
- Assists in the production of all property, F&B display, and temporary signage in hotel public areas.
- Promotes collection of competitors collateral and publicity on a monthly basis.
- Manages the execution of F&B direct marketing activities.
- Verifies all collateral is as per brand standard guidelines and in compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA).
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Assists and manages the development, co-ordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on property F&B promotions and campaigns.
- Helps with the publication of hotel's newsletter(s).
- Supports communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
- Assists in the liaison and execution of joint F&B promotions.
- Works with eCommerce to verify the Hotel's website and related websites are updated on a regular basis.
- Partners with Director of Marketing to create marketing plan aligned to hotel sales and revenue strategy.
- Provides training and marketing leadership and act as a marketing subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
- Coordinates with property and above property eCommerce and Revenue Management teams to report success of property marketing and eCommerce performance.
- Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and verify work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and verifies employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.