Job Description For Multi-Property Learning & Development Manager
Job Number 22132452
Job Category Human Resources
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The L&D Manager help drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization's mission and vision. Work with property leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills. Conduct needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measure the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai responsible for handling Multi Property Training function for JW Marriot Marquis Dubai, Le Meridien Al Aqah Fujairah and Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa Dubai.
Education or Certification
- .Minimum of two years 'Learning experience in managerial role or handling multi property as L&D Manager.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Training or Organizational Development Degree beneficial
- Completion of Certified Hospitality Trainer Designation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent platform skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Financial management skills
- Ability to use standard software applications
- Fluency in a second language (beneficial)
The primary objective of the Learning & Development Manager is to create a world class learning and leadership development culture to positively impact the company's Key Success Factors.
To positively impact the Key Success Factors, the Learning & Development Manager 's primary responsibilities are to implement and execute activities to drive employee engagement, customer engagement, revenue and profit and build the leadership talent.
- Works closely with the Director of Human Resources to execute the Hotel Learning Plan.
- Designs hotel customized Trainings as appropriate to influence Guest Engagement Measures.
- Fulfills The Employee Promise by delivering world-class learning interventions.
- Consistently takes the initiative to share ideas and concerns with the Director of Human Resources.
- Uses current best practices for the 'In the Beginning' orientation programme as a foundation for developing a creative and educational new hire orientation programme. Educates new hires regarding the brand including its affiliation with Marriott International, business priorities, target customer and competitive set, the product and service strategy. Generates a positive first impression for associates and emphasizes the importance of the brand's service strategy in the culture; ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team.
- Equips managers with the necessary tools and resources to deliver associate job skills and service training. Ensures departmental orientation process is in place and associates receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures all managers have a current Career Plan and that there is a Talent and Development and Succession Plan in place for all management positions.
- Participates in departmental daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and associates.
- Observes service behaviours of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously focuses on improving guest service through mirror exercises.
- Supports executive committee and department heads in identifying areas of service improvement. Partners with managers to develop corrective action plans.
- Conducts property training needs assessment and coordinates enrolment for core management training programs; tracks and documents managers' participation in training.
- Leads the development of associates, drives cross-training throughout the property and endorses cross-brand movement.
- Ensures development plans are in place in accordance with the performance appraisal process, goals are documented and progress towards goal achievement is measured.
- Ensures compliance training is conducted in accordance with HR Standards/HR Audit (e.g., Fire Safety Training, First Aid).
- Uses Marriott Global Source and its associated sites as a reference and resource tool. Proposes new content to Regional Office.
- Develops and champions specific area/region wide HR activities which lead to the improvement of the HR discipline.
- Ensures that the Marriott orientation program is used exclusively at all properties
- Drives implementation of the brand standards and compliance trainings.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise:
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others:
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.