Sales and Marketing-PR
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Asst. Marketing Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Multi-Property Marketing Manager
Job Number 22164919
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Marketing Manager is responsible for setting the direction of all marketing collateral, advertising, eCommerce marketing and public relations activities with the aim of generating revenue and supporting business goals. Accountable for maintaining the integrity and positioning of the hotels and brands and responsible for overlooking all communications (verbal and non-verbal) directly with the media/press. Possesses a strong ability to liaise across the whole organization in particular with the Marriott Field Marketing Office and senior stakeholders within each hotels.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
Full Time position based at A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- Number of Direct Reports - 3
- Titles of Direct Reports - Graphic Designer (Le Meridien Al Aqah), Marketing Coordinator (JW Marriott Marquis Dubai) and Marketing Intern
Skills and Knowledge
- Ideally Degree in Business Studies or Marketing
- 2 years' experience in PR and/or marketing
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- English first language,
- Must be able to write in English
- Arabic language desirable but not essential.
- Must be a creative thinker, organized, excellent interpersonal skills
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: BUSINESS RESULTS
- Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
PUBLIC RELATIONS FOCUS (IN DETAIL):
- Responsible for creating revenue generating PR and marketing initiatives that meet the overall business plan and objectives.
- Ensure that a correct positioning statement exists for each property and that all associates and stakeholders are aware of the Hotels positioning. Work on pulling through the hotel's positioning into each department and build key words and phrases to enhance the positioning.
- Create and manage the Hotels public relations plan as part of the overall communications program, which maintains and enhances the stature of the hotels, its personnel and services.
- Create and manage the marketing communications plan including advertising, printing, radio, direct marketing and eCommerce marketing.
- Actively seek and solicit new opportunities with local partnership initiatives to increase awareness, generate revenue and maximize budgets.
- Maximize Regional Office marketing opportunities including Marriott Rewards, Strategic partners, email campaigns and inform GSO network of major promotions.
- Continuously explore cluster initiatives and opportunities to leverage the Marriott brand, maximize budgets and offset competitor activities.
- Proactively co-ordinate press trips from key source markets and liaise with local tourism board and airline companies inline with business objectives.
- Accountable for managing the department expenses related to PR, marketing and print.
- Personnel management of the office, providing leadership, guidance and motivation.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FOCUS (IN DETAIL):
- Maintain a steady flow of information which favorably presents the hotel's, its personnel and activities to the various target audiences.
- Arrange for news presentations and personal appearances on radio and television. Distribute appropriate information and photographs to selected media.
- Create ideas and feature stories for articles for the media to genuinely use.
- Be sensitive to all aspects of the hotels keeping business which might be translated into publicity either positively or negatively.
- Conceive appropriate subjects (ideas) and arrange appropriate news coverage of company and hotels executives and celebrities who might visit the hotels (with appropriate respect of privacy)
- Represent the hotels during major social functions in the city
- Maintain effective relationships with media, trade, advertising and printing industries.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Ensure the correct corporate policy and brand standards are followed for all printed and display materials.
- Overview and approve the creation and direction of promotional programs for food and beverage, rooms and catering departments.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the properties and outside communication agencies, always keeping in mind that there are three persons on the hotels (GM, DOM and Director of PR) who are considered spoke persons of the hotels.
- Manage the appointed creative agencies.
- Liaise with the design/creative team to ensure brand integrity is protected and promotional message is delivered.
- Adopt the Spirit to Serve initiative as a PR opportunity and ensure its development.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
OTHER Safety and Security
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotels and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.