Front of House
London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Night Manager I
Job Number 22130588
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Aloft London Excel, One Eastern Gateway Royal Victoria Dock, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and directs all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Monitoring Property Operations
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
- Ensures supervisors maintain adequate levels of department supplies.
- Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
- Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
- Manages all period-end inventories.
- Directs, monitors, and assists all overnight staff.
- Ensures guest tracking scores and employee opinion survey goals are achieved.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
- Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
- Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
- Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
- Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
- Manages employee hours.
- Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
- Ensures all employees are trained on specific aspects of their job and are aware of all resources to assist them in problem solving.
- Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
- Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensures constant communication takes place between employees, supervisors and management.
- Provides orientation for new employees and ensuring all information is entered into computer.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
- Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
- Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door policy" and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- General Hotel Operations - Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Aloft Hotels we're wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style is necessary, social scenes are vibrant, and where the only direction is forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they're not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We're looking for innovative self-expressers who aren't afraid to draw outside the lines. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.