Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Plumber
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22078094
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
To be responsible, and in accordance with relevant codes/legislation, for Hot/Cold water distribution systems, storm, waste and sanitary sewer systems, irrigation/fountain water systems and swimming pools Plant & Fire Fighting system, including testing and maintenance repairs and maintenance of all systems in general and Piping; and inclusive installation & maintenance of bathroom/toilet fixtures in public areas, guestrooms and back-of-the-house areas
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports -
Skills and Knowledge
- Should ideally be having an apprenticeship as a Plumber, and previous 3years experiences in the same position
Education or Certification
- Ability to Read and follow blueprints
- Ability to use specialized plumbing Tools, equipment, materials and Techniques
- Ability to install, modify and repair all piping systems, fixtures, equipment and ancillaries
- Understanding of maintenance inventory and requisition of plumbing maintenance supplies, as needed .
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Minimum should ideally be having an apprenticeship as a Plumber, and 3years previous experience in the same position.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Reviews building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and drainage systems; inclusive Fire Fighting Wet services
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances and fixtures such as sinks and toilets
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Inspect, repair and maintain above ground & underground storm, sanitary, waste, Cold/Hot water piping systems; and relating fixtures and ancillaries throughout the hotel. Ability to modify/extend connections to the same, as required
- Inspect, maintain and conduct scheduled tests for all the Fire Fighting Wet services systems (Sprinkler system, Wet Riser system, Deluge system, Pre-Action system)
- Ensure regular inspection & maintenance of Grease Traps and Sump pits around the hotel
- Inspect & schedule periodic cleaning & disinfection of Water storage Tanks
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Inspect and maintain the Irrigation pipe system
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place
- Prepares and mixes materials for the work according to specifications, such as mortar, paste, cement and slacking lime
- Plans work from blueprints or specifications, estimates and lays out jobs materials, work details & procedures
- Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests, as assigned.
Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Comply with hotel and corporate LSOP's and SOP's.
- Participate in departmental meetings and training etc
- To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
- Document all work performed and any materials used.
- Serve as an active member of hotel emergency response team.
- Carry out any requests asked of you by your immediate supervisor.
- Take active role in the TQM process.
- To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times "Empowerment" and do whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
- Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
- Maintain high standard of GSS, ESS and Brand standard for Public areas & Meeting spaces.
- To carry out other job assignments given by DOE or designate, as business demands.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder or scaffolding to heights in excess of 10', balance, and work above the shoulder frequently.
- The physical ability to occasionally bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat in order to operate and maintain the Plant and Equipment.
- The physical ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation
- The physical ability to frequently carry up to 50 pounds of weight distances of up to 600 feet; and to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders.
- The physical ability to occasionally push and pull various items, such as equipment, tools etc.
- The physical ability to work at heights for extended periods of time and to tolerate required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, dust masks, safety belts and safety shoes on a continuous basis.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.