Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Medan, Indonesia
Level : Management
Posted : 20 Sep 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ25001
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-10-27
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22164050
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location JW Marriott Hotel Medan, Jalan Putri Hijau No. 10, Medan, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Implements quality assurance processes and verifies training and development activities are strategically linked to the company's mission, vision, brand standards, and targets customer needs. Verifies employee satisfaction and focuses on continuous improvement at the property level. This position champions the Quality function and builds support for change.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• Experience and/or knowledge of hotel business.
• Ability to understand quality management practices and teaches to others.
• Ability to understand data collection methods.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and the control of costs.
• Working knowledge of statistical measurement tools.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Detail orientation and analytical
• Operations background - depending on hotel facilities, a rooms or f&b background may be preferred
• Previous training in guest relations.
• Previous experience using database, word processing, spreadsheet, graphic and statistical computer applications.
• Experience/trained in Six Sigma or TQM
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Quality Assurance Goals
• Attends daily executive committee meetings to give real time updates on hotel performance, address guest incidences and attends monthly department meetings to enhance quality training.
• Presents and shares weekly analysis on defect trends, guest feedback and provides recommendations on focus areas.
• Coordinates a weekly quality meeting focusing on guestVoice, top incidents, and business standard audits.
• Records, tracks, and communicates the progress of quality related activities in the hotel to executive committee members, managers, associates, and the corporate office.
• Facilitates problem solving meetings to verify the systematic process is adhered to and quality tools are used, with the intent to achieve resolution.
• Facilitates process improvement teams, verifying use of the systematic processes, and improvement is achievable and measurable.
• Immerses in operations to better understand issues/defects faced on the ground.
• Drives several initiatives for business standard audits and guestvoice.
• Conducts monthly audit to verify compliance with company and brand standards.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Directs property quality efforts to address critical customer requirements.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
Executing Quality Training Programs
• Partners with Learning & Development (L&D) to train executive committee members and managers on problem solving, process improvement, and strategic planning techniques.
• Develops specific training designed to improve service performance.
• Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
• Partners with L&D team to verify transfer of learning in the hotel/classroom takes place.
• Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
• Partners with HR on hotel recognition program for associates to recognize associates for involvement in the quality process.
Managing Quality Tools
• Verifies that management practices at all levels are aligned with quality tools.
• Verifies the tools for continuous improvements are in place and being utilized.
• Uses data collection methods to identify, compile, display, track, and analyze defect trends.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and verifies appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Supports operational leaders in the response and handling of guest feedback, problems, and complaints on various platforms (social media, TripAdvisor, etc.).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.