Purchase and Stores
Bethesda, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Rep-Project Purchasing
Job Number 22131807
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Performs assigned activities and responsibilities that support an effective project purchasing process as part of a purchasing team (reports to Purchasing Manager).
CANDIDATE PROFILE Key Skills/Requirements:
- Completes project purchase orders and ensures timely delivery of quality materials.
- Coordinates and balances project workload and ensures projects are completed on schedule.
- Queries vendors/suppliers on lead times, price points in preparation for completing purchase orders.
- Communicates schedule requirements and changes to vendors and installation contractors.
- Assists in validation and execution of delivery schedules with suppliers, installers, freight companies and properties.
- Tracks project materials with vendors to maintain schedule and expedites exceptions to minimize delays.
- Maintains project correspondence and tracking of documents, samples and drawings.
- Informs designers or client of damage, loss, discontinued, long lead or returned items; obtains reselections.
- Functions as day-to-day contact for routine project issues.
- Resolves damage/loss issues with vendors, carriers and receiving locations.
- Completes and implements Bill of Material changes and notifies appropriate associates and/or clients of changes, cost and delivery impact.
- Monitors and resolves receipt/inventory issues with receiving locations.
- Assists the Agent/Manager with project closeout reconciliation process.
- Obtains warehouse, drapery closing inventory reports; research reasons for excess inventory, obtain disposition from client.
- Ability to Travel
- Purchasing system knowledge
- Verbal, written communications skills
- Computer proficiency
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable about innovation within industry
- Solid understanding of business practices
- Basic problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Solid customer service skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Solid organizational skills
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in procurement, preferably in the hospitality design industry
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?