Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Research Analyst, Development Planning & Feasibility EMEA
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22079199
Job Category Development & Feasibility
Location Dubai Development, Central Park Towers Level 12, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Research Analyst, Development Planning & Feasibility EMEA will report to Vice President Development Planning & Feasibility. The position of Research Analyst in Development Planning and Feasibility requires an understanding of the hotel industry and the development process.
The Research Analyst is responsible for conducting research (which may include some fieldwork) on hotel markets across Europe, Middle East and Africa as well as preparing analysis to evaluate hotel markets and determine the potential for Marriott lodging development or acquisition opportunities. The Research Analyst will also prepare financial analyses and valuations of proposed hotel development projects.
As a part of the Feasibility team, the Research Analyst supports Development, Brand, Operations and Market organizations.
- Location requirements: The Research Analyst, Development Planning & Feasibility EMEA to be located at the Dubai office.
- Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required. Proficiency in additional languages including French, Spanish, German or Russian preferable.
- Travel Requirements: There is frequent business travel required.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Maintain current knowledge of Marriott's lodging products and development goals.
- Support more senior Feasibility associates in pre-screening markets and specific development opportunities.
- Assist in establishing work plans for feasibility studies and carry out his/her responsibilities independently.
- Assist in preparing feasibility studies for all Marriott lodging products including:
- Gathering relevant market information. This will involve conducting interviews with city officials and management at competitive hotels, as well as performing other primary market research in regard to economic, demographic, and urban development trends, and competitive lodging market performance (depending on the opportunity being studied, this may require visiting proposed hotel markets).
- Assisting in the assessment of the appropriateness of potential hotel sites and opportunities for converting existing hotels to MI brands.
- Analyzing market information and forecast occupancy and average room rates for proposed projects.
- Analyzing the impact of proposed projects on existing Marriott products.
- Compiling financial comparables to be used in creation of financial pro formas, as needed.
- Documenting project findings and conclusions.
- Interacting with appropriate Marriott personnel in Development, Brand, Operations, Market, Business Analysis, Global Design, Estimating, Tax and Treasury.
- Preparing concise, written documentation that presents the findings and conclusions for each project.
- Perform the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Respond to, solve and make decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
- Assist more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes;
- Establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others;
- Allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups;
- Contributing to department / unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Contributes to the team's knowledge base through specific and targeted research in relevant areas of interest.
- Complies with Marriott International policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
The minimum requirements and qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or finance-related areas.
- Minimum of 0 - 2 years of relevant work experience within the hospitality industry.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Full command of format and style of American business communications. Proficiency in other languages highly desirable.
- An understanding of real estate appraisal theory.
- Familiarity with hotel operating statements, operating structure and environment. Prior hotel operations and market analysis experience highly regarded.
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications, including spreadsheet, word processing and graphic presentation software programs.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.